Kalkadoon Prescribed Body Corporate Cultural Heritage Services
Our Cultural Heritage team has an intimate knowledge of the environment, traditions, rituals, areas of significance and artefacts of the region and offers valuable consultation and facilitation services to ensure cultural heritage obligations are achieved.
The Kalkadoon people have a strong connection to the land and waters. We aim to protect both the tangible and intangible aspects of our culture that have been a part of our history for thousands of years while still harnessing opportunities for growth and progress.
Kalkadoon PBC provides professional heritage services, including organising and conducting heritage surveys. Kalkadoon PBC frequently updates and publishes the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management Guidelines document as the main reference point for Traditional Owners, Development Proponents and Heritage Consultants seeking information relating to Heritage Surveys and broader Heritage Management. It contains best practice standards expected by Kalkadoon PBC, as well as all relevant protocols relating to the Heritage Survey process.
- Cultural heritage management advice and guidance
- Site assessments including clearance for works to be carried out
- Development of cultural heritage compliance procedures and assessment of obligations
- Development and implementation of Conservation Management Plans
- Photographic and archival recording of sites and artefacts
- Artefact analysis and removal if necessary